1. Refuse to believe that you have actually bought/sold a house until your partner provides documentary evidence.
2. On sight of such evidence, frown a lot.
3. Tell him you've changed your mind and you don't want to move, you're too tired.
4. Frown a lot more, until it hurts.
5. Go to bed and have a long nap, your frowning muscles need some time to rest.
6. Get up, bake a cake. One with icing and sprinkles. Frown throughout.
7. Develop a fever, go back to bed.
Repeat steps 3 - 7 as necessary while someone more competent orders packing boxes, tape, a removals and looks after your children. (We exchanged contracts, as of December 7th we will own a house in London. Whether I will be able to rouse myself to actually move into it is another matter.)
*image of Flat Stanley by Junkaholique